Introduction to Dance with Children with Autism (continued)
These ‘Dances for special children’ classes are about the integration of an organic renewal and re-education of the instincts.
- They act on the stimulus of the individual’s potential
- They enforce the positive emotion and coherent expression with the environment
- They induce an understanding through the present moment awareness by stimulating the authentic expression of ourselves
- They Activate and reinforce our own ‘internal model’ of action and communication
- They Facilitate encounter in the relationship with the other
- They stimulate the ability and open all possible ways of understanding.
The general objectives of the sessions:
- Integration of the group
- To stimulate the organic auto-regulation
- Individual psychomotor integration
- Increasing the levels of vitality, stimulating the funny system
- Development of the action of movement (development of the expressive capacity in the active movement)
- Increase of the muscular tonic level
- Capacity in the exchange of velocity: slow, rapid, fast
- Development of synergism in a movement (integration of the right/left hemisphere)
- Development of the impetus in a movement and in the actions (the impulse that we have towards a stimulus interior and exterior
- Development of the power in the movement (concentration of the force-desire and muscular tonicity for the realization of the action with impetus.)
- Development of the agility in a movement
- Development of the determination in action
- Integration of the rhythm in the dances, individual and in two.
- Development of the elasticity
- Development of the equilibrium
- Opening of the arms within the movement
- Perception of one’s own space
- Perception of the space between a companion and ourselves
- To stimulate the expression and Creative system in active movement
- Affective -psychomotor integration, harmonizing dances, stimulus on the funny system, developing expressivity with slow movements and dissolving chronic tensions in the muscles.
Socialisation is as most people are aware one of the most important aspects to address when working with autistic children. But what happens if we work with the care system, the containment and affection aimed at the encounter at the same time
The main thing to know about ‘children dance with autism’ is that it is simple. We play games and respond to the children’s needs moment by moment whether through the music, the movement, the imagination. ‘Aspects of nature’ are very important elements of the sessions because we find within the seasons lies the renewal of life all the time. So e;g; we love our garden, we dance the earth.
The mother is the child’s universe
The baby who has hostility towards the mother shows itself in Autism. So, its not enough to be a good mother, we must love.
The ‘touch’ is exercised in the sessions when the children are ready through tender playful connection through movement.