Helping Primary Schools
Well-being within school is essential to not just keeping morale high but for best practice and I believe that what I offer can really add quality learning and growth to teachers and the children.
Including simple breathing and Mindful Movement based exercises and dances for Empowering children to be resilient, confident in themselves and their abilities.
Helping children to ease and transform anxiety in creative and useful ways for them.
Transforming behaviours that are challenging
- Balancing the nervous system so the stress response has a chance to ease
- Stimulating the endorphins of safety and happiness
- Using Rhythm for grounding and aliveness
- Melody for our feelings and fluid movements to find balance and belonging
- Building confidence and the ability to focus on work
- Strengthening self-esteem and trust in their own bodies.
These classes are based on the deep understanding that children need to be allowed to learn through their body as it moves through space and as it connects with others and the world around them.
Curiosity, creativity and compassion are nurtured, strengthened and allowed expression.
Keeping the movement impulse alive is fundamental for any young child and it is through this kinaesthetic sense that they are able to grow healthy and trust in their own abilities, learn and understand more as their brain is receiving positive stimulation
When we are fearful or anxious our bodies tell us and by mindful movements we can turn this around to an easy and peaceful solution.
The costings for an hours session is £65 for a class or for individual sessions the cost is £35
Sensory Movement and Communication
The ‘Sensory Movement and Communication Sessions’ are about stimulating the impulse to movement and really encouraging the healthy self esteem and sense of achievement and at the same time having positive outcomes and benefits such as social relatedness and being contained in an environment of affection the strengthening of the identity.
In the ‘Sensory Movement and Communication Sessions’ a bombardment of positive experiences beyond the boundaries of ordinary everyday activities is established. There are three major assumptions concerning its practice:
- Movement is the language used
- The relationship between the therapist and the child/adult through movement supports and enables behavioural and emotional change
- Significant changes occur on the movement level that can affect total functioning.
A typical session consists of:
1. A welcome creatively using gesture and movement
2. Warming up the energy of the body
3. Grounding through rhythmic games
4. The creative space to sing, dance, share and be seen
5. breathing, balancing and belonging organically
6. A goodbye time verbally or non-verbally creatively using gesture and movement.
The cost for group sessions is:£75 and for 1 to 1 is £35
CPD (Continuing professional development) are workshops that develop best practice, professional development and enhance ones abilities on many levels. These cpd’s can be delivered to groups at your venue (best 6 or more people) or at our venue. Some of these cpd's are accredited.
Are you interested in weekly Movement Sessions that help transform anxious and challenging behaviours in the classroom.
Mindful Sensory Movement for Primary Schools
Behaviour issues and Children not wanting to learn or focus, or children being left behind in the school system because they cannot find ways of being heard and seen. Children with high anxiety and challenging behaviours that are deemed inappropriate and those with learning disabilities.