Hello I'm Karen, I offer confidential individual professional counselling, psychotherapy and clinical supervision and work with adults and children. I work from a person centred and humanistic foundation and offer an integrative and relational approach to therapy. I adhere to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy's code of ethics and am registered with the National Counselling Society (NCS) and the Association of Dance Movement Psychotherapists UK (ADMPUK). I am a qualified Dance Movement Psychotherapist and Counselling Supervisor.
Areas of Speciality with Children:
Working with children through the Art of Dance Movement Psychotherapy allows those with emotional difficulties, anger issues, learning disabilities, autism and other needs to find ways of recovering and discovering what is meaningful to them and what helps them to cope with school, work, make friends etc. Anxiety and Stress are big problems at this time and this work lessens the impact and even resolves and dissolves the tendencies that are experienced in the body.
- Learning Disabilities
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties
- Attachment disorder
- Feeling sad
Areas of Speciality with Adults:
I currently see women and men in midlife change and crisis, people with deep anxiety and stress, loss, addictions and suicidal thoughts. Some clients are looking for short term therapy and others longer term work. Many clients with emotional difficulties and relationship problems, depression and psychosomatic illness and those who have suffered abuse. Perhaps you know exactly what it is you need help with and perhaps you don't but you feel that something is not quite right within yourself and your world.
- Learning Disabilities
- Psychosomatic Illnesses
- Carer Support
- Low confidence and self esteem issues
- Relationship issues
- Stress and trauma
MA Dance Movement Psychotherapy (ADMPUK) level 7
Advanced Diploma Counselling Supervision (NCS) level 7
Biodanza – Dance Therapy Facilitator (August 2000, Rolando Toro Araneda))
- Children 1998
- Clinical applications Milan June 2003
- Didactic teaching march 2002
- Identity and the four elements South Africa December 2002
- Tutor of school in London, Brussels, Paris and Amsterdam
- Archetypes Gran Canaria 2005
ITEC Holistic Massage Diploma
Montessori Early years Teaching Diploma
CPD Courses and training:
- Dance for the Disabled (Foundation for Community Dance)
- Laban Movement Analysis (Layla Smith London)
- Body mapping Intensive (Annette Schwaebe)
- 'Keeping our children safe' - Designated Person Safeguarding Training (Children in Wales)
- Deaf-Blind Awareness training (RNIB)
- Attachment (ANW)
- Energy psychology for trauma levels 1&2 (Energy Counselling Bristol)
- Dance of Awareness training (Brighton School for Embodied Therapy)
- Family Constellation work (Sarasi Rogers)
- The Trauma Pathway
I offer a first free consultation where we chat about what you are looking to get from therapy and if you feel you can work with me and I think that I can give you the best support in line with your expectations than we can book sessions together. My promise to you is to offer a safe and confidential space and to be a constant and gentle presence in your therapy journey.
Please email or call me with any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you.
Association for Dance Movement Psychotherapy UK